Updated Tue, Apr 2, 2013 1:32 pm
HEALTH SECRETS: WHAT EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW aims to educate and empower women to lead healthier lives by providing them with valuable health information and effective disease-prevention strategies. Each episode spotlights a different, distinct period in a woman's life.The series, hosted by news veteran Paula Zahn (The Retirement Revolu tion) , features compelling personal narratives and interviews with leading medical experts, authors and well-known entertainment personalities and journalists, to help women establish a blueprint for staying healthy across the spectrum of their lives. Participants include: actress Andie MacDowell, comedienne and cervical-cancer survivor Julia Sweeney and renowned breast cancer authority Dr. Susan Love.
HEALTH SECRETS: WHAT EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW
Monday, April 8
"Coming of Age: Teens and 20s"
A panel of medical experts help mothers talk to their teens about body image, obesity, eating disorders and the HPV vaccine.
* Julie Roth, M.D., Robert Kushner, M.D., Julie Yen, M.D. -- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
* Deborah Linder, M.D. -- Prentice Women's Hospital
* Ansley Feldman, M.D. -- Sanders Court Pediatrics
* Deborah Parra-Medina, Ph.D. -- The Institute for Health Promotion Research
* Dawn Jackson Blattner -- chef, author & dietician
* Darryl Roberts -- director of the documentary America the Beautiful
* Jess Weiner -- Global Ambassador for the Dove Self-Esteem Fund and author of Life Doesn't Begin Five Pounds From Now
* Debby Herbenick, PhD, M.P.H. -- The Center for Sexual Health Promotion at Indiana University
* Diane Harper, M.D., M.P.H., M.S. -- University of Missouri School of Medicine and HPV expert
* Lisa Henry-Reid, M.D. -- John H. Stroger Hospital, Division of Adolescent Medicine
* Commentary: Elizabeth Lopez -- student
Monday, April 15
"Turning Point - 30s and 40s"
This episode explores issues pertinent to a woman in her 30s and 40s, including starting a family, infertility, balancing family and work, and stress management.
* Teresa Woodruff, Ph.D. -- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
* Ralph Kazer, M.D., Lisa Mazzullo, M.D., Erica E. Marsh, M.D. - Prentice Women's Hospital
* Nehama Dresner, M.D. - Northwestern Memorial Hospital
* Melissa Ford - author of Navigating the Land of If
* Ariel Gore - author of Bluebird; Hip Mama's Survival Guide; and Whatever, Mom: Hip Mama's Guide to Raising a Teenager
* Commentary: Sandra Tsing Loh - National Public Radio
Monday, April 22
"Feeling Good in Midlife"
CBS News' Sunday Morning commentator Nancy Giles, among other guests, focuses on menopause and perimenopause, alternative choices to staying healthy, integrative medicine and age-appropriate health screenings.
*Melinda Ring, M.D., June McKoy, M.D. -- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
* Elena Kamel, M.D. -- Prentice Women's Hospital
* Pat Wingert -- co-author, The Menopause Book; Newsweek reporter
* Margery Gass, M.D. -- Executive Director, North American Menopause Society
* Tracy Gaudet, M.D. -- Director, Duke Integrative Medicine at Duke University
* Commentary: Nancy Giles - Commentator, CBS News Sunday Morning
Monday, April 29
"Taking Control After a Diagnosis"
This episode offers helpful advice on disease prevention and examines the options available when dealing with a heart attack, stroke or cancer diagnosis.
* Andie MacDowell -- actress and spokesperson for the American Heart Association
* Susan Love, M.D. -- author, Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book
* Martha Gulati, M.D., Richard Bernstein, M.D. -- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
* Nora Hansen, M.D., Diljeet Singh, M.D. - Prentice Women's Hospital
* Richard Harvey, M.D. -- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
* Paula Johnson, M.D. -- Brigham & Women's Hospital
* Philip Gorelick, M.D. -- American Stroke Association
* Commentary: Julia Sweeney, actress/comedienne, Saturday Night Live