Chemical Spill At City Pool Closes Road

Updated Thu, May 23, 2013 6:51 am

A road was closed yesterday after a chemical spill was discovered at the Logan City Pool.

The Logan Daily News reports Keynes Drive was shut down after a 55-gallon drum filled with muriatic acid, which is typically used as a cleaning agent, was accidentally placed on a nail that punctured the drum and led to the spill.

The Logan Fire Department, Logan HAZMAT, Hocking County EMS and Logan Police Department responded to the scene.