Updated Thu, Feb 6, 2014 11:28 am
Another school in Kanawha county is closing as a precaution after the smell of licorice that's been associated with the chemical MCHM was detected.
According to WSAZ, a cook using the dishwasher at an elementary school told the superintendent she smelled the licorice scent and her eyes began to burn.
As a precaution the county decided to close school at 10 a.m., and the school board has contacted the proper agencies, including the Kanawha Charleston Health Department. The school will be reflushed and tested for the chemical MCHM.