Laurelville Home Destroyed By Electrical Fire

By
Kendra Wagoner

Dateline
Updated Wed, Feb 19, 2014 3:44 pm

A morning fire destroyed the rural home of a Laurelville resident Wednesday in Hocking County.

Rick Miller was out of town visiting family when he got a call from the Laurelville Volunteer Fire Department.

He rushed back to his home on State Route 664 near State Route 374 to find the charred remains of his house.

The Laurelville Fire Department said nobody was injured and the electrical fire started in the living room due to a space heater. Miller said the home belonged to his parents before him and all of the family photos and memorabilia were lost. 

Tags: