Two Hurt In House Fire In Jackson County

By
WOUB Contributing Writer

Dateline
Updated Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Two women have been hurt after a house fire in Jackson County, West Virginia.

Firefighters tell WSAZ.com, the fire broke out just before 9 a.m. on Skull Run Road near Ravenswood.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and living room of the home.

Firefighters say one woman was flown to the hospital with serious burns. The other woman was taken to a hospital in Parkersburg. Her condition isn't being released.

Neighbors say they saw the smoke Thursday morning and went to the home to check on the home owner. They pulled the woman outside, but say she was badly burned.

Jason Baltic with the West Virginia State Fire Marshal's Office says, "We never recommend people go back into a house or go into a house that's on fire, but they were very heroic in what they did do. Fortunately, no one else was injured."

Two cats died in the fire, but neighbors were able to save one.

Investigators tell WSAZ.com, they believe the fire started after one of the women was smoking while using oxygen.

No names have been released.

Tags: