Ohio's Ready to Learn is a state-funded program targeted to home-based care providers. Participants are encouraged to sign-up for all three workshops as a series. Each workshop is 2 hours in length. Workshops are provided by the Ohio Educational Television Stations through a grant from the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. Workshops are free and Approved for Step Up to Quality Training Hours. ODJFS in-service forms will be provided to each participant. For specific information about workshops, call (740) 593-0359 and ask for Ohio Ready to Learn Coordinator Suzanne Borchard, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Someone is Thinking! Learning . . . Centers that invite Exploration
A child's reasoning and thinking skills can be developed by providing a wide variety of materials for exploration, and coaching the child to understand the difference between thinking and knowing. This workshop will provide ideas for activity centers and the teaching strategies that promote critical thinking.
- Whole Child = Many Parts . . . Understanding Child
An introduction or review of basic child development, this workshop explores all the domains while appreciating the uniqueness of a child as a whole person. Developmental milestones, age appropriate behavior, and predictable patterns of growth are also explored with the Approaches to Learning section of Ohio's Early Learning and Development Standards.
- Just Like a One Room School House. . . Activities for Multi-Agers
Lesson planning in a family childcare home has some interesting challenges. Children vary significantly in stages of development and interest. This workshop will demonstrate methods to scaffold learning activities to appeal to multi-age children, while valuing the fact that there are times for learning together, and times for learning separately.
- Register on the OCCRRA website or contact Suzanne Borchard at 740-593-0359 or email email@example.com.
- WOUB offers six ORTL workshops in ten different counties. All workshops are Step Up to Quality approved and participants receive a free book.
- ORTL Workshop Series (three workshops, 6 hours in one day) to be held in the following counties: Jefferson, Morgan, Tuscarawas, Washington, Coshocton, and Harrison.
- ORTL workshops series to be held on three separate evenings (2 hours each) in the following counties: Athens, Jackson, Muskingum and Guernsey.